This 3-day course covers everything you need to start-up, configure and manage daily operations of Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades systems on the GAiA operating system.
• Introduction to Check Point Technology
• Security Policy Management
• Policy Layers
• Check Point Security Solutions and Licensing
• Traffic Visibility
• Basic Concepts of VPN
• Managing User Access
• Working with ClusterXL
• Administrator Task Implementation
• Working with Gaia Portal
• Modifying an Existing Security Policy
• Configuring Hide and Static NAT
• Managing Administrator Access
• Installing and Managing a Remote Security Gateway
• Managing Backups
• Defining Access Control Policy Layers
• Defining and Sharing Security Policy Layers
• Working with Licenses and Contracts
• Working with Check Point Logs
• Maintaining Check Point Logs
• Configuring a Site-to-Site VPN
• Providing User Access
• Working with Cluster XL
• Verifying Network Compliance
• Working with CP View
• Interpret the concepts of a Firewall and understand the mechanisms used for controlling network traffic.
• Describe the key elements of Check Point’s unified Security Management Architecture.
• Recognise SmartConsole features, functions and tools.
• Understand Check Point deployment options.
• Describe the basic functions of Gaia.
• Describe the essential elements of a Security Policy.
• Understand how traffic inspection takes place in a unified Security Policy.
• Summarise how administration roles and permissions assist in managing policy.
• Recall how to implement backup techniques.
• Understand the Check Point policy layer concept.
• Recognise Check Point security solutions and products and how they work to protect your network.
• Understand licensing and contract requirements for Check Point security products.
• Identify tools designed to monitor data, determine threats and recognise performance improvements.
• Identify tools designed to respond quickly and efficiently to changes in gateways, tunnels, remote users, traffic flow patterns, and other activities.
• Understand Site-to-Site and Remote Access VPN deployments and communities.
• Understand how to analyse and interpret VPN traffic.
• Recognise how to define users and groups.
• Understand how to manage user access for internal and external users.
• Understand the basic concepts of ClusterXL technology and its advantages.
• Understand how to perform periodic administrator tasks as specified in administrator job descriptions.